Build an organization which promotes professional development and business opportunities within, and between, the Chinese-American, and the broader Birmingham area community. This organization seeks to develop business opportunities at all levels: locally, in other domestic US markets, and internationally.
- Establish specific programs to encourage and support the development of:
- CABAB members
- Chinese-American businesses in Birmingham and surrounding area
- Birmingham’s ethnic Chinese community
- Improve community awareness of our organization
- Develop a well structured approach to the management of CABAB
- Establish ties to, and learn from, other ethnic/cultural organizations with similar objectives
- Become a conduit for establishing business contacts and ventures between
- Chinese and non-Chinese businesses
- Alabama individuals/businesses and businesses in China and other international
- Professional development workshops and seminars:
- Recent examples include a Strategic Planning workshop and a seminar on
procedures and other information related to direct foreign investment in China
- Monthly social lunches to foster greater understanding of member businesses
- CABAB representatives participate with city officials in receiving official delegations from China
- CABAB officers and members are active in other China related organizations and activities in Birmingham. Examples include:
- US China Peoples Friendship Association
- Birmingham Chinese Festival Association
- Sister Cities
Why should you consider joining CABAB?
- Opportunity to support development of the Chinese American business community
- Professional development opportunities
- Opportunity to establish friendships and networking relationships within the Chinese business community and with others interested in Chinese busin ess development in Birmingham
Why should you use the services of CABAB members?
CABAB members are dedicated individuals who strive to provide professional, reliable, ethical goods and services to Birmingham area residents. Supporting CABAB supports the growth and development of Birmingham’s Chinese-American community. For a listing of members and the goods and services they provide, please visit our website.
The Chinese-American Business Association of Birmingham was founded in 2002 by businesspeople of Chinese ancestry in the Birmingham, Alabama, area who realized the synergies and opportunities that existed among the Birmingham Chinese business community. Involved in numerous aspects of the business communities, Chinese-Americans realized that by working together, they could more easily resolve common challenges that they face, reach a broader audience through joint marketing, and form a united front to educate non-Chinese about Chinese culture.